Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Friday, May 8, 2009

Sweet Silence

Last weekend Ryan was out of town and next weekend he is going out of town again. From the end of April through mid June Ryan is out of town every other weekend. So I told him I needed a break this weekend. And by break I meant going to the grocery store by myself =) But Ryan decided I needed a real break and asked his Dad to take the kids today and also have them spend the night! So I dropped them off after breakfast and the rest of the day has been mine! I stopped at the mall (because who doesn't go shopping when they are all alone?!) and found these shorts. They are super comfy and have a wider leg on them! I sat in the food court and had lunch and read a little bit of a book I had just picked up from the library and then I stopped and had a reeses pieces sundae that was YUMMY! What do you want to bet that I gained back those 5 pounds I lost last month! I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!!!!! And then Ryan and I are heading out to breakfast before we pick up the kiddos.

Madison was so excited when she got up this morning! She could not wait to leave for Grandma and Grandpas. I dropped the kids off and they didn't even look at me as I was leaving, they were having too much fun already!

It is strange to not have the kids with me! I usually only go out 2 times a month. One night Ryan and I go to a wine tasting and another night I go scrapbooking. Except for this week! This past Wednesday Ryan and I went out to dinner and then met up with his 4 wheeling friends for drinks (I didn't get to bed till 12:30am!!) and then last night Renae and I went to the Olive Garden for dinner and then went and had pedicures! So relaxing =)

I'll update after the weekend, it will be a busy one. Tomorrow Madison and I and her Grandmas are going to a Tea Party and then on Sunday we are taking the kids to the Day out with Thomas the Train and they are so excited that they get to take a train ride!! I can't wait to see their faces =)

I'm missing the kids already but the alone time is nice also.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I hope you're having an awesome kid-free night!

Anonymous said...

First I love the shorts :) Second, that sundae sounds worth gaining some weight, and third, I am so glad you got some quiet time without the kids. It is weird not having them, but very healthy to have silence once and awhile. :)

Bama Cheryl said...

I hope you enjoyed the Tea Party - I was thrilled that you and Madison were there! Having some alone time for you and Ryan is a great thing and ultimately helps make you both better parents. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed