Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The only one

I have been avoiding writing this post because I am MAD! So so MAD! Last weekend Madison had a birthday party to go to. A few weeks before the party I called my friend and left a message saying that Ryan was not going to be home the day of the party and I was going to bring Cooper and to let me know if that was a problem. She called back and left me a message saying that she wasn't sure what she was going to do with her other child (why wouldn't she be at the party??!! It's at their house!) but if I HAD to bring Cooper than that would be ok. She would rather that I brought Cooper than have Madison not be able to come to the party.

After the kids played for a while it was craft time. These foam crowns where you put the sticker decorations on. All the kids sat at the table and Cooper wanted to do it too since Madison was. I waited till everyone sat down to make sure that there was enough. There were two extra spots. So I let Cooper sit down. Halfway through the craft she says to me "oh, I didn't expect Cooper to do one. I might have to take that away from him, is that ok?". Huh? Did you seriously just say that to me? Would it be ok to take something like that away from your almost 2 year old?! So whatever, I just let it go.

At the end of the party the kids headed for outside to do a pinata. She brings out the goodie bags. Which happen to be full size buckets and shovels. Pink for the girls and blue for the boys. Madison goes up to get a bucket for her and Cooper. She gets the pink one handed to her. And she continues standing there waiting for one for Cooper until there are NO buckets left. Madison comes back over and says to me "Why doesn't Cooper get one?" As my poor little Cooper stands there and says "bucket, bucket, me bucket, me bucket" and looks at me with those big round eyes. He keeps asking about a bucket as he is the ONLY one standing there without one. My heart broke as I told him we would go to Target and get him his own bucket.

It isn't like it was a surprise that I showed up at the party with him. I called two weeks ahead of time. This is the same person that is chronically late. Also, when we had Madison's party I told her she was welcome to bring her younger child and to just let me know if she was so that I had enough food and stuff. She called to say she was bringing both kids with her. So I paid an extra $14 for her second child to come (which was perfectly fine) and I went out and bought more goodie bag stuff for her so she wasn't left out. Wouldn't you know she showed up at the party with only the one child. And I even sent home the goodie bag for the other one.

I think that this is the last straw......

3 comments:

Courtney said...

A.N.N.O.Y.E.D. Oh my. I'm not sure I would be able to contain my annoyance.

Anonymous said...

Cut your losses girl. I would be so mad. This woman is your friend? You need to let her go.
Completely inappropriate on her part.

Jamie said...

Came across your blog through Feedjit wanted to leave a comment to say hello, I'm a SAHM also.

This woman did not handle this situation like a good hostess would. If she wasn't comfortable with him being there or participating she should have said that before the party.

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed