Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Monday, April 20, 2009

The big day

Today was Dawn's due date. Today is the day that they should have happily been holding their healthy baby. Instead it has been almost 8 weeks since Shana died. The death of a newborn is different. People don't want to say anything to Tim and Dawn about Shana dying but obviously a baby was born. A baby was held. A baby was loved. A baby was lost. If Shana had been a week old or a month old you wouldn't hesitate to say I'm sorry for your loss. But since she never came home it is almost as if people don't want to acknowledge that loss. My advice to you if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of knowing someone that lost a baby at birth. Acknowledge that they were born. Tell the parents you are sorry for their loss. Acknowledge that a baby was born because her life is meaningful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. I can't imagine what I would say in either situation, but you are right..you should say something. Something is better than nothing. Shauna is still loved and missed. I don't understand the ignorance of some people. They are in my thoughts and prayers. I just can't imagine.

Renae said...

Heartbreaking. I can't even imagine a loss of that magnitude. Just heartbreaking...

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed