Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Big Bad Water Park!

So this blog is going to be pretty long since I have had NO time to blog!

Madison's 4th Birthday Party
This past Friday we had Madison's 4th birthday party at Bounce-it-out. The kids had a GREAT time! They were all over the place bouncing and sliding. The adults had just as much fun! They were bouncing (which they got in trouble for =)) and sliding as well! Madison was thrilled because they had a huge blow up chair in the party room just for her! Madison got a TON of loot! For the most part the place was great about everything. Here where my two issues. 1) I specifically ordered 2 sheet pizzas (I had 25 people total there). What I got were 2 large pizzas. When I asked our party person she told me that they don't do sheet pizzas. I spoke to 4 different freaking people and every time I said sheet pizzas why the heck didn't someone tell me!!! Everyone got one slice of pizza. Oh well! And 2) My Mom and Mother in law went to the potty and while they were gone our party person lit the candles and everyone started singing Happy Birthday! I wasn't ready with the camera and the Grandma's weren't there! Oh well little things I guess. I would definitely have her party there again because everyone had such fun!! As we were driving to the party on Friday Madison said to us "Did you know that I'm almost 5 now?". LMAO!! We also decided to give her the bike on Friday since it was so nice out and she was beyond excited. She rode it up and down the driveway for an hour! She fell twice but got right back on!



The Big Bad Wolf Water Park
We had a great time at the park! We went to the Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos. Madison calls it the Big Bad Wolf Water Park!

Sunday: We left our house at 10am. It is a 4 hour drive. At 10:30 Madison started with the whining of how much longer and she was tired from sitting. Neither one of them wanted to watch the movies I packed and were just bored and restless. We stopped for lunch about 11:30 because the kids were very restless and driving us nuts. We went to Burger King and they were running and ducking under the bars in line. Well the last time Cooper forgot to duck and ran right into the bar with his forehead! The rest of the ride to PA was spent with me twisted around in the seat with my arm in Cooper's car seat because he wouldn't. stop. crying! He is only allowed to have his pacifiers in bed so I didn't think twice about packing them in the suitcase. Well I found one in the console of my car but the stinker REFUSED to take it because it wasn't the same color as the ones he always uses!! He naturally fell asleep 10 minutes before we pulled up to the lodge! Good times! We spent about 3 hours in the water on Sunday. The kids had a great time. They both went down the kiddie slides and Madison was dying to ride the big slides! So she was just tall enough to ride all the slides but one. So her and I spent our entire time on the big slides. Madison is very shy and quiet but a complete daredevil when it comes to amusement parks and water parks. The bigger the better and the faster the better!!

Monday:
We got up and went out to breakfast and it didn't hit me until we got back that today was Madison's actual birthday!! Bad Mommy for forgetting! So I told her Happy birthday and she says to Ryan and I "What are you doing special for my birthday for me?". Ummm... aren't we already someplace special?!? And then she says "what are you giving me for my birthday?" and I reminded her about her party and her bike and a few other things. She says to me "that was for my other birthday!!" Madison and I spent 7 hours on Monday in the water. By 4pm I was EXHAUSTED from carrying the tubes up the stairs and feeling nauseous! I finally told her we were done and we had to find Daddy and Coop for dinner! Going up all those steps was a great workout! Cooper was pretty bored with the water because he couldn't do things on his own so him and Ryan spent most of the time running around the lodge.

Tuesday:
Madison and I went back to the watepark for a few hours before we headed home. I was so tired I couldn't wait to get in the car and head home! The trip home was much better. I kept Cooper's pacifiers out and he was happy with those and even slept for like a 1/2 hour. Madison watched the Jungle Gym all the way home (that is what she was calling the Jungle Book). We didn't have to stop at all!! So we made it home in about 3 1/2 hours!

We had a really great time at the park! It was well worth the money. Although the food was crazy expensive so we ended up leaving the lodge for all our meals but I would definitely go back when Cooper is a little bigger!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds and looks like you guys had a great time!! I am so happy for you guys!! and jealous!!

Awesome pictures!

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed