Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

To go or not to go....

So here is my dilemma. I have a friend who is chronically late. And I'm not talking 5 or 10 minutes late I'm talking 30-45 minutes late. Every. Single. Time. I like getting together with her but I can't stand when I'm waiting around for people. It is my number 1 pet peeve. So today she was 35 minutes late. By that point we had already been there for 45 minutes. (I'm always early!). So I said that the kids and I would be heading to lunch in a half hour. She laughed and said already! Well yeah I've been here all morning! My kids are on a schedule and it works really well for our family. Cooper always goes down for a nap at 12:30. So I feel really bad that she shows up late and then after 15 or 20 minutes we have to go so that we can do lunch and nap time. I feel like a bad friend leaving right after she gets there but then again I was on time.

My other issue is another friend of mine. We used to get together all of the time. Now she regularly cancels on a regular basis. And she will cancel like 15 minutes before I walk out the door and I get the I have to run some errands. Which disappoints Madison because she was looking forward to seeing her friend and then I have to tell her that yet again we aren't getting together with them. So either I shouldn't ask them to get together or I shouldn't tell Madison until I'm sure they are going to show up.

So.. To go or not to go??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definetly need to talk to them about this. Tell them how you feel. I also can NOT stand when people are late. I live on a schedule too. I don't mind my schedule being interrupted once and awhile but not each and every time someone is supposed to meet with me and is late to show up. That would drive me crazy! And so much cancelling...I would just not plan anything with that friend and let them schedule something and see what happens when you cancel :) lol.

Talk to them....that is all I would think and then go :)

Bama Cheryl said...

I agree with Lisha. That's just disrespectful and rude but perhaps she doesn't realize how aggravating her chronic lateness is. I'm always (mostly always) early too and dislike it when someone is late. I've left a meeting spot if the person (if I don't know them) is more than 15 minutes late. If you can't make a meeting or let me know you're late, tough nougies. But a friend - you need to get it out in the open. Then if she does it again (or the canceling thing), you need to distance yourself. Really disrespectful, according to me!

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed