Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

This past weekend was very very busy and is the upcoming week.

Saturday I went scrapbooking all day it was a nice distraction. While I was there this girl told me that Joann's was having a sale on the Cricut. They are normally $199.99 and they had them for $99.99. I went over there right after I was done scrapbooking and I got the last one!! I am so excited. This is my early birthday present and as soon as I have a few minutes I can't wait to try it out!! Then I met Ryan and the kids at my Father in laws. We had a quick dinner of pizza and then Ryan and I left for Connecticut! We left at 6:30pm and got there at 12:30am. Ryan bought a Suburban off of Ebay that we were going to pick up. Picked up the car at 12:30am and found a hotel at 1:30am. Got up at 6am and headed home and got back home Sunday at 12:30pm! It was a very fast trip. We were in such a hurry to get home because I had my family coming over for dinner so that we could all get together before the wake and funeral. Yesterday is the first time I have seen my brother and Dawn since everything has happened. Dawn and I had a nice long talk and I finally got to see pictures of my Niece! She is beautiful! Last night was the first night since Thursday that I have gotten a good night sleep.

Tonight is Shana's wake and tomorrow is her burial.

I am looking forward to the end of the week. I think my whole family is. Among all the sorrow we will be celebrating Madison's 4th birthday! Her birthday party is Friday morning at Bounce it out! And on Sunday we are taking both kids to The Great Wolf Water Resort in the Poconos! We had planned this trip before everything happened and it will be a nice getaway from everything. We are leaving here Sunday after breakfast and we will leave the resort Tuesday after lunch. So Madison is very very excited about this trip! She already has all of her bathing suits out! She wants to bring everyone she has (there are 7 of them!). That should be plenty for 3 days I'm thinking! I have so much to do.

I need to get a few last things for the party on Friday plus I have to make a cake for her to take to school on Thursday and Saturday I need to bake another cake for some family that is coming over for another party for her. I also need to go shopping and stock up on snacks and juice boxes and stuff for the trip. Plus I need deodorant! Left my in CT by mistake, I've been using Ryans. I think I smell like a dude now! I need to wrap Madison's presents. We got her this bike and a few other little things. Her actual birthday is the 9th but we will give her the bike Saturday since we won't be home for her birthday! And my Aunt and Uncle bought her a set of twin American girl dolls with some outfits that I need to wrap (they were shipped here).

Now I am going to go get ready to go meet and say goodbye to my darling little Niece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless Shana and your family. And you sound like you had a busy time!! We are thinking about booking a trip to Great Wolf as well. I hear it is pretty darn nice for kids!!

Courtney said...

Have a great week, Liz, and enjoy your family.

And have fun at Miss Madison's Party!! Sorry we can't be there. I told Elliott that Madison's b-day is the same day as Gabe's and she can't stop talking about it! We'll have to get the Girls together so they can ride their matching bikes! Elliott got hers last year, and she loves it!

Let me know how you like Great Wolf. We're hemming and hawing about going...I think the older kids would love it, but Janna can't get her head wet (stupid tubes), so I'm not sure she'll get as much enjoyment out of it.

Bama Cheryl said...

You really have had a huge week. Prayers for all of you and Shana. How incredibly sad. Enjoy your time together with your kids and for Madison's birthday.

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed