Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Friday, February 27, 2009

When will the tears end?

Thursday morning as I was getting the kids ready for the day my phone started ringing like crazy. It turns out my sister in law went into labor at 4am Tuesday morning. She was 32 weeks along. I got the call from my brother that my Niece Shana was born at 7:25am. He said that she wasn't doing well but they were hoping for the best. At 8:30am I got the call that my brother and sister in law were being taken upstairs to have Shana baptized and given her last rites and then she would be taken off the respirator. At 10:06am my Niece was taken by the angels into Heaven.

Tim and Dawn are living every parent's worst nightmare. The death of your child. What do you say to them?? I'm sorry just seems so inadequate. I have no words of comfort to give. I don't know what to say to make them feel better. I guess that nothing anyone says can heal their hearts only time will do that.

My 4 year old nephew got on the phone with his Mom, Dawn, and started crying asking if Shana was OK and when can she come home. He doesn't understand what is going on. This must make it extra hard for them.

As horrible as it has been the worst is yet to come. They have met with the people from the funeral home that suggested having her laid out Sunday evening so people can pay their respects. And then he suggested that Monday we have a private burial with just immediate family. They were told that the funeral will be very hard and they should not have a lot of people there. Just the thought of going this weekend is killing me. I don't want to see that impossibly small casket. Just as Tim and Dawn aren't ready to bury their daughter.

I dread this weekend like you can't believe however I will be there for them in any way that I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...you are right, you just can't find the right words. And all you want to do is hold them and never let go. God bless them, you, and the rest of the family. I can't imagine what they are going through.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I'm sorry is so inadequate and yet that's all I can say.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Oh.. I am so very sorry.
I am 30 weeks and I am heart broken for your family.

I came to tell you that you won the silly laundry shirt. Claim it when you can. I'll hold it for you . No rush.

xoxo
d

Anonymous said...

There are no words that will take that pain away. Your family is in my thoughts. God Bless you and your family at this time.

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed