Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ahh... Sweet relief!

As you may remember right before Christmas the roof fell in on Ryan's shop. Thankfully it was fully insured. Being that we don't have credit cards or car payments we are able to save a good amount of money each month. So we went ahead and rebuilt the shop without waiting for the insurance check. We basically used every penny we had to rebuild. And it looks awesome! But now we have no money!
(Here is the old shop with the roof missing)

(Here is the new shop, mostly finished.)

Since it was such a big check the mortgage company decided that they would keep the check and we could get 3 draws on it. (Basically 1/3 of the check at a time). They kept telling us that the check was on the way. It took about a month and a half to get the first draw of the check. In the meantime I am stressing big time over it! Every day I'm checking the mailbox for the damn check. I'm not spending any money at all. And people I LOVE to shop!!! I went to the dentist for a cleaning last week and they told me that I was grinding my teeth in my sleep and I must be stressed about something! I'm stressed about the check all right. Well when I got home from the dentist there was a $7,000 check waiting for me!!!! Woo hoo =)

So the next day I hit up Target for some much needed stuff. I needed a new humidifier and the kids both got rain boots and various other things. I left $150 poorer than when I walked in but boy was it nice to spend some money!! I was able to order up a bunch of scrapbooking stuff and Ryan and I went shopping tonight and I got myself some new things for the summer and picked up a bunch of stuff for the kids for summer as well.

Have I mentioned I LOVE to shop!?! I could go shopping everyday! Now we are just waiting for the remaining 2/3 of the check. We may do our addition this summer with the rest of the insurance money. We want to put a master bedroom and bathroom over the garage and turn one of the bedrooms into an office/craft room!

Maybe I will stop grinding my teeth now.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love to shop too. I have to stay away from the stores b/c I would spend that on a weekly basis LOL..

Great roof!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys have more room now. What a relief to for you to have that check. I am right threr I love to shop too.

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed