Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ghetto Scrapbooking

So I have gone scrapbooking the past three weekends! I usually go one Friday night a month but there were a bunch of crops this month and with Ryan rebuilding the shop he didn't have cars to work on so I was able to get out more this month.

I enjoy scrapbooking. It is relaxing and I'm out of the house but I am still creating something for my kids. In the past 3 weeks I have completed 114 pages!!! I use this awesome power layout from Creative Memories and I can get a ton done! Madison's book is caught up to her 3rd birthday party (she will be 4 in March) and Cooper's is done up through 15 months (he just turned 18 months) so that isn't too bad.

The past two weekends both crops were at churches. It was a bit chilly but not too bad. There was a TON of food. I'm talking doughnuts, bagels, chips, candy, pizza, ice cream cake, etc. Lots of snacks, drinks and just lots of stuff period! They had nice comfy seats, big tables and good lighting. Fast forward to today. It was at a Community center that was pretty dumpy and holy crap was it cold! By lunch time I had my coat on with my arms wrapped around me trying to stop the shaking because I was that cold! I thought I would have some hot chocolate to warm me up so I grabbed a pack of cocoa mix and poured the water in my cup and the water was yellow. Seriously, it was yellow!! Wasn't drinking that. They finally brought in some space heaters and since one was right next to our table I finally warmed up a bit to scrap some more. I was starving since they didn't really have much for breakfast so when they said lunch was ready I was up like a shot! I walked back there and it was a tray of meat (no cheese) and a couple bags of bread (no rolls) and some soup. W.T.F I was hungry! I don't like bread. So my lunch was a bagel! They didn't have any bottles of water. They put out a pitcher of ice water. Once the ice melted in my cup there was crap floating in it from the ice cubes! Yummy! Maybe I am spoiled by the other crops I go to but I don't think that is it!

By about 3ish I was tired and feeling very unmotivated. I thought it was just from scrapbooking 3 weekends in a row and not spending time the Ryan and the kids. But as we were playing in the basement I was looking at my scrapbooking stuff thinking it would be nice to work on it some more tonight so I think that my lack of motivation was due to my surroundings!!

I don't believe that I will be going scrapbooking there EVER again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!! But i have to say that I am SO jealous of your scrapbooking get aways!! I am SO scheduling a night for myself! :)

PS you need to grab the code from mine to add it your Layout (HMTL code). If you need more help, you can email me at shanealicianoah@gmail.com

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed