Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Date Night

Last week a friend from highschool emailed me to see if I wanted to meet her (and some other girls from our class) at a wine tasting. It sounded like a lot of fun however I didn't want to go by myself. I haven't seen these girls in 12 years! So it would be nice to bring someone with me that I have actually had a conversation with in the past 12 years. The dilemma: all of my friends are pregnant or have just had a baby and are nursing. So they aren't really into the whole wine thing right now. I really wanted to go so I should just go by myself but I dind't wanna! My wonderful hubby offered to go (even though he thought it would be horrible!) just so I would feel comfortable!

We got there and it was 5 girls I had gone to school with and 2 other girls and Ryan! We had a great time tasting all the different wines. They all tasted like crap to me! I would take a sip and Ryan or Durinda would finish it off. They also said that there were food pairings to go with the wine. Yep, the food consisted of a tiny piece of fruit or something REALLY small to go with the wine. The potato soup- super yummy and I even tried salmon and it was good! So needless to say we drank a bunch of wine on empty stomachs and were feeling pretty good! We headed up to McGregors after the wine tasting for some real food and had a great time catching up.

Ryan had a great time. He really did. We got to hang out and laugh and relax and he had so much fun with me and my friends he wants to go with me again next month! I don't know why we don't go out more! Oh wait, yes I do. I got to bed at midnight and have been dragging ass all day!

On a side note. I haven't gone through the drive thru and have lost 2 pounds!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

1) Yay on the date night! I love date night!! Jon and I try to have one every month.

2) Yay on staying away from the fast food. You're awesome!

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed