Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Thursday, February 19, 2009

My daughter is a pack rat!

Madison has a lot of crap treasures. She likes to keep every card she gets (and Grandma sends one for every holiday on the calendar), junky stuff we get from birthday parties (no offense Moms!). I lifted up her pillow the other day and she had a bunch of Kleenexes, hair clips, necklaces and even a fake rose we got at Disney on ice. She is the exact opposite of me in that regard. I throw EVERYTHING away! Just ask my husband, it drives him crazy! I once threw away the title to my car, really I did!

So Madison has 2 dressers and the one basically is a crap treasure holder. I decided to clean out the treasure holder today. She must have 50 blankets stuffed in that dresser. So I decided to send 3/4 of them to my brother who is expecting a little girl. Madison said that was OK. Then she wanted to know why I was also sending them her bibs, ummm because you are 4! I put her tap/ballet shoes in the pile to go and that didn't go over to well. She wants to keep them even though she can't wear them because they are 2 sizes too small!! As I was cleaning up the drawer and neatening (word?) up her doll stuff I pulled out a plastic Halloween coin. Here is our conversation:

Madison: What's that?
Me: Nothing, it's garbage
Madison: No it's not I need that!
Me: What is it?
Madison: I don't know but I need it. (And lovingly puts it back in the drawer).
Me: OK (Madison turns around and I lovingly put it under the pile of garbage!).

I cleaned just the one dresser and ended up filling an entire laundry basket with stuff to give away or garbage.

I just got Madison up from rest time and she had broken her headband. I told her to bring it downstairs to put in the garbage but she wants to keep it! Now how are you gonna wear a headband that is in 3 pieces!?!

There is too much crap treasures in this house!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO...my son is very much alike. I love how you trashed it when she turned her back!! You wait till you get busted! I have been busted by my son while trying to throw away all these little plastic animals that are overtaking my house! Cute blog!!

Liz said...

Sometimes I will put the stuff in a bag in my closet and if she hasn't asked about it for a while then I throw it away! You want my plastic animals too?!?!

Courtney said...

That's awesome! I take toys and "treasures" to the playroom. I tell them that they are going to be able to play with them down there. And then I throw them in the basement garbage can.

I hoard stuff in my closet, too. I just pitched an entire bag of doall store dinosaurs. They'd been in my closet for 3 months!

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed