Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dinner time miracle

Mealtimes.... I don't know about your house but at ours it is just a delightful time! Madison does not eat meat (unless you count hot dogs as meat... I don't). Cooper basically just eats fruit. Mealtimes usually consist of Cooper shoving his plate away and yelling for a banana and then shoving his chair out from the table. Madison will pick at her dinner and if we force her to try something she will chew it and keep it in her cheeks, I'm not kidding.* So on tonight's dinner menu we were having spinach and feta cheese sausage, corn casserole and snow peas. Madison asked what was for dinner. I told her and she proceeded to tell me she doesn't like sausage and wants cottage cheese instead. We are having sausage. We sit down to eat and they BOTH gobble up the sausage. There were 4 links in the package. They ate one link each and then split mine as well! WTF!!! Did I actually find something that BOTH of my children like?? Cooper ate a ton of snow peas but refused to touch the corn casserole. His corn casserole was thrown onto the table next to me with a big shake of his head no. But whatever he ate sausage and snow peas!!! Madison ate all her sausage and a few bites of peas (which she said she didn't like, naturally!). Who wants to bet the next time I make that sausage they hate it!?!

*Back in September Madison and Cooper spent the night at my In-laws so that Ryan and I could spend our anniversary alone. That Sunday morning they made eggs for breakfast which Madison ate (or so they thought). She ate lunch and wasn't feeling well and fell asleep. We picked up the kids and were home by 4:30pm. I smell a terrible odor coming from Madison's mouth. I tell her to open up and sure enough there are the eggs from breakfast! I'm not kidding that she will keep food that she doesn't like stored in her cheeks... nasty!!!

3 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

First of all, welcome to the blogging club! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Second, Emily, too, seems to exist on hot dogs, chicken nuggets and french fries. Or she would, if we let her. We've instituted a 3 bite rule that she must follow or she doesn't get dessert and she sits at the table and watches us eat it in front of her. Emily tries to hold the stuff in her mouth but she usually gags on it and ugh! That's the worst.

Fortunately, Lucy will eat pretty much whatever we put in front of her.

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not alone in my quest to find foods my kids will eat. My son's diet consists of chicken fries, applesauce, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. My 2 1/2 year old daughter at least tries stuff and isn't afraid of foods. But hot dogs are a popular lunch item around here lol :) Welcome to blogging :)

Courtney said...

HAHAHA!! Elliott holds her food in her mouth, too! And so did Gabriel! Right now Janna's goign through a throwing phase. Throws her food, her plate, her cup...other people's food. It's pretty awesome.

We have a 3-bite rule for Elliott, too. Gabriel grew out of that rule last year, which has been awesome. We also set a timer for dinner.

I actually asked my pediatrician if hot dogs were considered a "meat". And if ketchup was a "vegetable". You can probably guess what her answer was.

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed