Madison and Cooper

Madison and Cooper

Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's not good...

This statement was made repeatedly throughout the day today. We got alot of snow yesterday. Well this morning we got up and went downstairs and Ryan was looking out the back window towards his shop and had a funny look on his face. So I looked out and I could tell something just wasn't right. The words out of Ryan's mouth "Holy crap!" and I looked again. No roof on the garage anymore. Nope now it is IN the garage! So Ryan tears ass of out of the house to check out the damage. In his shop are thousands of dollars worth of tools and equipment not to mention the fact that his jeep and a customers jeep were inside as well. Good news: No damage to the customers jeep, not even a scratch. Bad news: The entire roof is sitting on top of Ryan's jeep. Surprisingly his jeep is not crushed and just has some dents. I guess we will see what happens once the weight of the roof is off of the jeep.

We had our insurance adjuster out this afternoon to take pictures of the damage. At first glance you think OK the roof needs to be replaced. Then you look a little closer and now you notice that the walls were pushed out as well. Then you keep looking and finding more damage. So it is looking like the entire shop is going to be a total loss and need to be rebuilt. Thankfully it is covered under our home owner's insurance. It is insured for 10% of the worth of the house. Now that would give us about $21,000 to replace the shop. Ryan NEEDS the shop. He runs a jeep repair business on the side and he needs this space. So should Ryan and his Dad take the next couple of months to rebuild it or do we hire someone to rebuild it in a week. Ryan is stressed that we won't get enough money to replace what was there. I think we will, I hope so anyway. The insurance company is supposed to call Monday and let us know what they think.

I feel really bad for Ryan because this is his space. This is where he goes to de-stress. If the kids and I are bugging him, he can go out there to relax. This is were he goes when his 4-wheel friends come over and this most importantly is where he runs his business. I wish I could make it better for him but short of rebuilding it myself I guess there isn't much I can do.

Here are some pictures. All the pictures will be on my facebook page.

1 comment:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Oh my gosh, Liz!

I am so glad that Ryan wasn't outside when the roof collapsed!

And, wow! Nothing like a little extra stress right now!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys!

hit
Click for hit counter code.

Background

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed